THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2012 Windham Turkey Trot. We had another successful year with 1,303 participants, and raised $21,650.01 for charity. The Shepherd's Pantry, our primary charitable beneficiary, received $16,337.61, which represents 75% of the proceeds. We split the remaining 25% with Windham Helping Hands, and Family Promise of Greater Rockingham County (FPoGRC); each will be getting $2,706.25.
Special thank yous are due to:
- Rockingham Orthopaedics, our loyal sponsor of T-shirts since 2006.
- Windham Orthodontics, a sponsor for the second year, who helped expenses of the Trot.
- Windham Dunkin Donuts - who generously donated 1,000 tasty munchkins. We appreciate their years of support for the Turkey Trot.
- Apple Acres for 3 bushels of delicious apples.
- Shaws for gift cards that we used to purchase water.
- Salem BJs for a gift card that we used for hot chocolate.
- Windham McDonalds for the loan of their cooler to hold the hot chocolate.
- Staples, Londonderry for a gift card to help offset the cost of printing flyers
- Kristin Connarn for countless hours helping with online registration & t-shirt management.
- Ralph Valentine of the Valentine Group who masterfully coordinates all the parking volunteers.
- The MANY, MANY volunteers who helped to post flyers, direct traffic, make hot chocolate, take care of registration, act as greeters, distribute t-shirts, take care of clean up. The Turkey Trot could not happen without your help!
The Peltz Family :-)
2013 Turkey Trot Registration will open by mid-September